Saturday, August 18, 2007

Boy Howard breezes in for a visit ...


Lowen is almost 25 and rolls into town and nonchalantly walks in with the old familiar "hey Mom" and as usual I am in the kitchen fixin' up some dinner. He kisses me quickly with his beautiful face and then tunes in to the dog and takes her for a walk. You would think he just lives down the street. he comes back and talks with the Papa about music, movies and books--nothing has changed here. They stayed up til 1am talking. He keeps texting and emailing Whitney but that's good ( Sometimes young men get very strange without the beautifying effects of a woman on their mind). I am so glad he has come to take the girls back to their mountain for their second year at Covenant. Mothers everywhere are having nervous breakdowns as their grown-up kids head off once again. Lowen will make this so much easier on us as Dame and I are not up for the 12 hour trip there that Lowen says is no big deal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no picture??? You deprive us.

Anonymous said...

yay! That drive is strenuous! Nothing melts the heart of a mother like a son giving a peck on your cheek!

kate said...

What melted my heart was how happy he was to come and get his sistas and take them back to Chatt and helped them move into their roomsthis morning-now thats what I call good, solid help. We didnt even ask him-I'm sure the g irls did. Damien and I were not up for that trip--no way Hosea. THANK YOU LOWEN!

Anonymous said...

Ah, there's that nephew of mine. : )