Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Nostalgia


I get to go to Covenant College today. The place that strengthened my young faith beyond measure and, how shall I put this, set the tone for the rest of my life. It is there that I fell head over heels for Damien. Funny how it seems like yesterday that he had that long hair with that long lean body maneuvering a skateboard there in front of Carter Hall. Or that time (during dinner) when he aimed jello at me from his spoon and it disappeared right down the center of my "blouse"! Ah yes, it is all coming back to me. I am looking forward to chapel which was every day for us when all 500 students gathered together to hear a message and sing. We loved Dr. Krabbendam and Wilma Vanderkooi. We lived on the mountain as newlyweds and the homes up and down that mountain are pretty magnificent. Our buds were Ron Johnson, Bob and Sue, Sanders, Warren, Rocky, the Robinson boys, John Pummell, Mark Gornik, Bob Butterfield, etc. We tease Lowen that he is like a salmon going back to the place where he "began".
Gotta rouse Damien so he can find just the right picture for this post-maybe a salmon swimming upstream!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool post

jonnie said...

It was so good to see you walking around campus this weekend. You and Pax made me smile every time I saw you. Hope your trip home was safe and restful.