Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"Take Heart"

van gogh

My friend has lymphoma again and it is interfering with everything including her breathing. I came across Paul Tripp's post last month (on Psalm 27:14) and it has helped me know how to encourage. Take heart and wait for the Lord. Why? 1.) Love. We are held in the hands of the one who is the essence of love. 2.) Wisdom. We are in a relationship with the One who is all wisdom and who gives of this wisdom. 3.) Power. Nothing can describe His power and how He is able to deliver all that He has promised. 4.) Unchallenged Rule. Nothing is out of control. He ordains whatsoever comes to past. 5.) Grace. We are not left to our own limited resources when we are in Christ. We have His strength, His wisdom, a new identity and new potential. Our resources in Christ are limitless and sufficient.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate -- thanks for this post...

jonnie said...

Thank you. So good to be reminded of our God's character.

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed your blog while reading. I definitely share your views to my close friends keeps up the good work going.