Sunday, December 2, 2007

Art table beauty.


Picture this: Damien creating Christmas cards at one end of the art table with all tools at his disposal-rubberstamps, paper cutter, pens, colored markers, tape, stamps. At the other end of the art table is Pax equally as absorbed making his 10th plus necklace. Tools needed are cool beads, thread, good eyes, hooks. Great music fills that room and before that was Odyssey and in between are boy to man conversations, comments, questions. A week ago when I was nudging Damien to teach Pax how to make necklaces , I knew this scenario in the dining room would take place. I take in the hour from another room with such a grateful heart and then I try to imagine what it would be like if the Papa was not here-but only for a brief moment can I imagine that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mom,
i loved this post. i can picture my dining room perfectly. can't wait to be a part...
papa, don't finish all the cards before we come home... i like to be around your creating.
love,sienna

kibbe said...

I like picturing this also...and am so honored to have been a recipient of one of those beautiful necklaces:)
Praise and glory be to God that Damien is here with us this holiday season...

Anonymous said...

Amen! (and, Ms. Kate, good for you nudging hubby along. Mom's have such good ideas:-)