Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Dad

A dad can be hard where sometimes a mom isn't. Returning home from dance with Damien, Pax remembers his lacrosse stuff is at dance. The dance building is way down Rt. 50 now so Damien says that's where it will stay and sorry you won't be able to practise tonight and sorry you won't be playing at the game Fri. nite at the high school stadium under the lights. That simple. Pax is sobbing which is my cue to take a long walk-outathere. Pax has been forgetting stuff left and right and whereas I would reluctantly back track for him, Dame just says "Oh well, deal with the consequences." As Linnea would say, "Bam!"

7 comments:

ukrainiac said...

Sometimes the hard lessons are much harder on the mom! The good news is that the lessons are much better learned NOW, but, oh, I understand what you're feeling!

Somehow I suspect that Pax won't forget his things at dance next time!

grey rose (they/them) said...

man.
dads ARE like that.


i am like MY dad.
:)

kate said...

the good news is he gets to play afterall in the game Fri night under the lights

ukrainiac said...

Good news!!

faith said...

Wow. tough love.

Anonymous said...

hardass

Anna P said...

Hannah, I'm with you... but maybe if I ever become a mother I will mellow out.

I'm all about the tough love now, but the Lord has been trying to teach me about having mercy, not something my flesh wants to do thats for sure.